If you are into crafting sweet delays, and something tells me that you are, then you are especially in luck, because via Plugin Boutique you can grab Imperial Delay from Boz Digital Labs for 76% less than its normal asking price. But your luck is only temporary and will run out on the 18th of February, so do not ‘delay’ cashing in that pound of good fortune,…and then delay the crap out of any sound you get your hands on.
The boys from Boz have made it a custom to build quality effect plugins, and Imperial Delay is definitely a worthy member of their collection. As a delay unit it boasts to be the most powerful while easy to use. Where some offer a whole cockpit of controls but require rocket-science to wield them, others are as easy to use but offer too little options. Imperial delay is then here to the rescue because it offers both.
This device can be used as a delay unit as well as a multi-effect unit with minimum tweaking while using little CPU. The main knob offers a set-and-go solution with very little settings needed for setup. At the same time, you can go deeper into almost any parameter with the little “e” button to the right of any knob, where additional parameters are revealed in the right-side corner. This gives you the ability to tweak your heart out, while also offering a one-knob solution as well if needed. In short: this device offers extreme ease of use but at the same time hides a ton of features and controls, expanding its capabilities to far beyond an everyday delay-unit.
Features and Facts:
- Drive, Feedback, Duck, Color, Smear, Modulation, and Chorus controls with on/off buttons and Advanced Section editing controls with presets
- “Drive” adds distortion and harmonics to the input signal
- “Duck” compresses the delayed output letting you have more extreme delay settings allowing your original dry track shine through
- “Smear” softens the sharp edges of the delayed signal enabling it to function like a reverb, putting it more in the background
- “Offset” delays the right channel; setting becomes a fixed rate relative to the main delay value
- “Color” tone-shaping control adds more color to the feedback signals it repeats
- “Dynamic Feedback” changes feedback value via threshold (like a gate)
- Advanced section presets let you save individual modifications without changing other settings
- Dual layer architecture with main and advanced controls
- Independent wet and dry level controls
- Sync mode offers three options: Free, Sync, and Tap
- Delay range of 0.1ms to 10s in Free mode
- Six delay modes
- On/Off for left / right mono channels and center (stereo)
- Feedback with polarity controls to add width or ringing effect
- Presets can be organized into sub-menus and shared across platforms and Mac/PC operating systems without changing functionality
Is this the most powerful delay unit as it claims to be? Well surely not, because there are other expensive solutions out there that top it, but for 99% of everyday mixing requirements, yours truly cannot imagine needing more than what Imperial Delay offers. This is one of the more interesting delay units to beget in the vastness of the plugin realm. Recommended! So get it now for less than a quarter of its asking price!
Imperial Delay from Boz Digital Labs is 76% off via Plugin Boutique until February 18th!