In the mythical land of iZotope, there was a collaboration with the creator of Stutter Edit, and his name was BT. Ever since, this creation has evolved and mutated into Stutter Edit 2. And now, for a limited time, exclusively at Plugin Boutique, you can grab this mutant plugin for just a quarter of its normal requirement of ownership. Simply put, until the 27th of January you can buy it for just under $50.
All mythical mutations aside, Stutter Edit 2 is definitely a worthy successor to the first edition. It seems that quite some gaps have been plugged, features have been added, and functionality has improved. Normally priced big, this can be had for little, but only for a little while.
So what is it?
Stutter Edit needs no introduction for those in the know, though just to be clear for those who aren’t, this is a plugin made for all your stuttering frenzies and adventures. It is a multi-effect device which is operated via direct MIDI control, and lets you create any kind of stuttering movement you can think of in real-time, and when you can’t think of any more, the plugin will still conjure up new ones for you at the press of a key. And no, it is not a self-aware machine, but it does offer almost infinite possibilities and variations with micro-scalability and -control.
So what is new in 2 ?
- Curve Editor for creative movements; draw in your effects without the need your DAW’s automation!
- new AUTO mode to fire gestures or auditioning without the need for routing
- Upgraded distortion module
- New Comb filter, Chorus effect, Reverb Effect and Limiter modules
- New Preset banks
- Fully overhauled GUI, aimed at ease-of-use and functionality
- Create instant rhythmic patterns out of any sound. Trap your hi-hat. Make your vocals skip and jump. Turn percussion into pitch. Make an instant dubstep breakdown.
- An easier setup with AUTO mode lets you audition sounds in your mix hassle-free with one button. Or hook up a MIDI controller with step-by-step in-app help that detects what DAW you’re in.
- Curve Editor affects any setting in Stutter Edit 2, letting you make sweeping filters, pumping reverbs, and blends of lo-fi energy. Drill into any setting to edit the curve in detail, or choose from 12 premade curves for instant inspiration.
- Effects modules: get the creative juices flowing with deeper controls and more options for motion and chaos. Stutter Edit 2 adds new Comb and Chorus modules, along with a full-featured Reverb and two-band Distort module.
- Banks and gestures designed by BT deliver a wealth of effects, ideas, and sounds. Saved banks auto-map to your MIDI key keyboard, giving you dozens of gestures at your fingertips.
- UI experience offers a logical workflow, with a new dedicated output section, easier Stutter controls, and a flexible system for saving banks and gestures.
- Mac: High Sierra (10.13) – macOS Catalina (10.15)
- PC: Windows 8 – Windows 10
- AU, AAX, VST2, VST3.
- All plug-in formats are 64-bit only.
- Logic Pro X, Live 9.7–10, Cubase 9.5–10.5, Pro Tools 12–2020, FL Studio 20, Studio One 4, REAPER 6, Reason 11, Bitwig Studio 3, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Digital Performer 10.
If you live in that universe where BT’s Stutter Edit has not yet been in your hands to try, then quickly step over into ours where it is in your hands and you are trying it now before you buy, and before the sale at Plugin Boutique ends.
Stutter Edit 2 from iZotope is 75% off at Plugin Boutique until January 27th.