In the plugin realm, the madness never stops. Gift after gift, we ride that fence, and deal after deal we pick our pockets or in some cases jump that ugly fence. This gift is not to be missed though, because Loopmasters are giving away Dubstation 2 from Audio Damage completely FREE if you are a Loopcloud subscriber or when you start a 30-day free trial or paid subscription with any of the Loopcloud Monthly or Annual plans.
But what is it?
Doubt not the name for it speaks in tongues. Of course, this is a dub-delay unit, but Dubstation 2 offers more. Born from their originally modelled bucket-brigade delay-unit, it brings back the sound of yesteryear while offering extra features that give it a more modern swing at the same time.
So what can it do?
Dubstation 2 is likened to a Swiss army-knife for delay effects, and can do simple standard delays and ping-pong-effects in the known Bucket Brigade style, but also offers separate delay-times for left and right.
Its core functionality has been beefed up with for instance LFO control, saturation, dual mode, ping-pong mode and more. The dual mode gives you separate timing control over left and right, and a ping-pong mode for cross-feedback effects. Analogue-style saturation with high- and low-pass filtering can give your delays the character needed for convincing old-school warmth. The LFO can be set to create subtle chorus-effects or pitched sweeping sounds, and an additional loop function can digitally loop the signal without degrading it.
- Classic Delay Algorithm: Dubstation 2 features Audio Damage’s renowned model of bucket-brigade delay circuits, a faithful digital recreation of vintage hardware.
- Time Controls: The user can switch between two delay time ranges, encompassing 4 to 2000 milliseconds. Frequency-response characteristics vary with delay time – a fundamental aspect of the sonic personality of analog bucket-brigade delay circuits.
- Low-Frequency Oscillator: Delay time can be periodically altered with an LFO, producing changes in both the time between delayed signals and their apparent pitch.
- Filters: Low-cut and high-cut filters with user-controlled cutoff frequencies in the delay path offer a wide range of timbres
- Saturation: Analogue-style saturation with an amount of control allowing for distortion from the subtle to the extreme.
- Feedback: User-controllable feedback ranging from almost none to full feedback of the delayed signal back into the delay lines’ inputs.
- Loop Mode: Causes Dubstation to endlessly play the audio currently in its delay line without alteration. Filter and saturation effects are applied to the output signal in Loop Mode.
- Reverse Mode: The Reverse switch makes Dubstation reverse the current contents of its delay memory and the direction in which it records.
- Mix control: Blend of the processed and the dry input signal.
- Gain Staging Controls: Input and output gain controls ranging from -80dB to +3dB.
- Cross-Platform Preset Format: Dubstation 2 utilizes an XML-based preset manager. Work between multiple systems without troubles, make a preset on your desktop machine and paste it to the iOS version with Handoff, easily share your creations with your friends, or make a preset bundle to sell.
- Fully Resizable Hi-Dpi/Retina GUI: Dubstation 2’s vector-based GUI is resolution-agnostic, and displays the same on every system and resolution. Easily resize the UI (per instance) to match your visual needs, from postage stamp to poster-sized.
So what do I need to get it?
Just make sure you comply with the system requirements here below; then click on the provided link, and start a free Loopcloud trial or pick a paid subscription plan. If not done so, you need to create a free account with them as well. Though beware that from that moment henceforth, you are obliged to dubbi-di-dub-dub your productions to the next level with this sweet gift from Loopmasters!
- Windows 8.1 or newer and a 64-bit DAW
- VST (64-bit) / VST3 (64-bit) / AAX (64-bit)
- macOS 10.12 and above
- VST (64-bit) / VST3 (64-bit) / AAX (64-bit) / AU (64-bit)
Linux / Ubuntu:
- Ubuntu 18 or later
- VST (64-bit) / VST3 (64-bit)
Important Note: This software is 64-bit compatible ONLY and will NOT function on 32-bit systems.
Get Dubstation 2 from Audio Damage for FREE until the end of the month when starting a free Loopcloud trial!