Sample Science has released this compact virtual instrument for free. The Pianotone 600 is a one-trick pony but that’s a well-executed trick!
Pianotone 600 is a plugin based on the analog piano sound of a 1970s electronic keyboard, the Jen Pianotone 600. VOX did their own version of the Pianotone 600. The original instrument doesn’t have touch sensitivity, and because of this, Pianotone 600 comes with two modes: original and amplitude velocity.
- 10 MB of samples (16-bit, 44.1kHz mono Wav files)
- Room reverb
- Highpass/Lowpass filter
- Amplitude range controls
- 3 voice modes: polyphonic, monophonic, and legato
- Available as a VST/VST3/AU plugin for Windows and macOS High Sierra/Mojave
- Not compatible with macOS Catalina and up
- Requires Windows 7/8/10 or macOS High Sierra/Mojave.
- Not compatible with macOS Catalina and up.
- The plugin requires 19 MB of HD space.
- Windows VST plugins in both 32-bit and 64-bit format.
- Windows VST3 in 64-bit format only.
- macOS High Sierra/Mojave VST, VST3, and AU plugins format 64-bit only.
- *Compatible with the most popular DAWs on the market: Ableton Live, Cockos Reaper, Steinberg Cubase, FL Studio, Traktion, Mixcraft, Sony Acid, Presonus Studio One, Cakewalk Sonar, and Apple’s Logic Pro.
You can download Pianotone 600 for FREE from the Sample Science website.