Plugin Boutique is currently offering a free copy of DriveShaper by Cableguys. Just add the product to your cart and use coupon code “zn1v9” at checkout to get the price from its normal $44 to zero. This offer is valid until December 31st, so if you’re planning to make some music before the end of the year, be sure to grab this before the coupon code expires.
Cableguys have been in the game for more than a decade. They have developed a whole series of unusual yet cunningly useful plugins, and have become well known for their unique approach. Their newest addition, DriveShaper, can be used as a separate plugin, but also works in their multi-effect host “ShaperBox 2”.
DriveShaper is one of seven powerful effects, designed to work in ShaperBox and as a standalone plugin. Chained in ShaperBox, it becomes part of a wildly multi-faceted effect-chain, though as a separate unit it can stand on its own as a very sophisticated distortion toolkit that has everything one would need for complex distorted rhythms and modulations. Pinpoint a specific frequency or band, or target precise hits, this baby does it all, and a lot more.
Among its many features are:
- 10 styles of distortion
- 4 specialized distortion parameters or ‘modes’ (Grip, Push, Accent, Tone)
- Design literally any LFO- or envelope-shape with their ultra-flexible drawing system:
- Expandable LFO for detailed editing
- Sample-Accurate LFOs
- Loop-length setting in beats, bars or Hertz, from 1/128 to 32 bars
- LFO Smoothing to remove clicks/pops, or to build creative effects
- Flexible Envelope Followers that create dynamic distortion patterns
- Multiband Distortion allowing for per-band setup and settings of LFO, envelope or style
- Top-Quality DSP, Oversampled Algorithms,
- Attractive Visual Feedback to see the waveforms while you shape them
- Runs in ShaperBox 2, chainable with either of the 7 Shaper-effects designed for ShaperBox 2
- Resizable Retina/HiDPI interface, from 75% to 200%
- Trigger Smoothing to reduce clicks when switching/triggering waves
- Trigger LFOs in any rhythm via MIDI with activity LED to aid setup
- Audio-rate modulation up to 5.24kHz for extreme sound design
- Multi-node editing, selection-snap and -skewing for ultra-flexibility
- Drag&Drop parameters, copy/paste, unlimited undo/redo, Flip/Resize/move and randomize
- Dozens of Wave Presets for all common uses
- 9 storage slots to save waves with the patch
- MIDI trigger for User Wave selection
- Solo bands, Gain control and per-band dry/wet mix setting
- Oscilloscope feedback with Freeze function and magnitude graph
- 1-Slider editing for easy Envelope Follower setup
For Mac it needs MacOSX 10.8 or later (64-bit only) with a VST or AU host sequencer. For
Windows platforms, windows 7, 8 or 10 is needed (32 & 64-bit) with a VST host sequencer.
DriverShaper by Cableguys is available for FREE via Pluginboutique with coupon code zn1v9 until December 31st.